Monday, February 28, 2011

sweet tooth

Why yes, I do still have molasses cookies in the freezer, but I was craving something a little different on Sunday afternoon. Different like this:


Sugar and Spice Pecans 


1 egg white
1 TB water
2.5 cups pecans
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt


Beat the egg white and water until frothy. Add pecans and stir until coated. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the pecans and stir again. (I did it in three batches.) Heat your oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet in tin foil (there is the definite possibility of a cooked-on sugar mess with this recipe). Spread the coated pecans on the baking sheet. You'll need to stir them every 10 minutes so they roast evenly and don't stick to the tin foil forever. Bake 50 minutes total. Remove from oven, let cool, and eat them like there's no tomorrow.



Admiring my teacup and saucer?


I found them at a Tacoma estate sale for 50 cents. They're from Germany. Bonn, to be exact. And I certainly don't use them for tea. No, sir. I don't drink hot liquids of any kind. (That's the devil's temperature.)
I use this teacup to store my ghost toys.



And there they are, just waiting for some ghost children.

1 comment:

  1. Très bon article, comme toujours. Il a le mérite de susciter le commentaire 
    voyance mail rapide

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...