Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Mixtape: Creepy Sleepies


I like to listen to my Halloween music all in a jumble--dark and bluesy, old school punk, vintage jams, instrumental, and the category I call creepy sleepies. This is the area of my Halloween collection that makes me want to dance less and die more. That's not weird, right? By die more, I mean I just want to lie down and listen to this music and get creeped out and drift away. Die more: it encompasses all those elements. I bestow upon you my lucky 13...

1. Five Little Pumpkins, Raffi
2. Annabelle Lee, Marissa Nadler
3Four Hours in Washington, M. Ward
4. Dirty Knife, Neko Case
5. We Only Come Out At Night, Smashing Pumpkins
6. Bela Lugosi's Dead, Bauhaus
7. The Killing Moon, Echo And The Bunnymen
8. Mad World, Michael Andrews
9. Squares, The Beta Band
10. Goodnight Moon, Shivaree
11. I Bleed, The Pixies
12. Werewolf, Cat Power
13. Something in the Way, Nirvana

Have you found yourself in a Halloween music bind? Here's a link to a few more suggestions for country killers, old school Halloween jams, vintage villains, instrumental ills, and selections of the deep and dark variety...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...