Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Handmade Home: Charmed I'm Sure


Catherine was just in town visiting me, and we did a lot of stuff, and when I say a lot I mean so much moving around that my calves are killing me still. I felt like they were going to buckle on me at work. Oh sister visit fun.

One thing that we did (and talked about) a lot during her stay was making beaded charm bracelets, and I have to say it went real well...

Burbank, my home.

To be quite honest, this doesn't have a lot to do with 'handmade home' except for the facts:

1. The events I am drawing attention to happened in and around my home.
2. We made the bracelets with our hands (and I used my mouth a little to get the knots real tight).


On Thursday we made our way to Studio City to visit our favorite little Kit Krafts, and we bought some good looking glass beads, charms, fishing line, and clasps.


We sat at the park (again, near my home), and beaded for a good couple of hours. We had a splendid time, which was confirmed when a woman walked by with her dog and said, "that looks fun!" She was correct.


Luckily, we didn't bead the whole day away so we had time to take our spoils to the beach! We showed up a bit later in the afternoon and the tide had started to come in already, but it was the perfect opportunity to watch people turn their back on the ocean and get soaked. You should never turn your back on the ocean.

Also, the bracelet Catherine made for Christine (as a thank you for watching the worst behaved cat ever... Peanut) broke, but luckily the waves didn't wash it away. I was able to get it in my pocket until we got home, where we continued to make more bracelets!


3 comments:

  1. My gift bracelet broke?! That's the first I'm hearing about all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she fixed/made you another one; a better, stronger bracelet. The one bracelet to rule them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forged in the fires of Mt. Doom! I don't actually know if that's true. I haven't LOTR'd in a long time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...